Plumose marking or Plume Structure

You may also like...

3 Responses

  1. Interesting. I’ll have to pay more attention to those markings. Never gave it any thought before. What’s the difference between shear joints and conjugate joints?

    • geologyfreak says:

      Well in simple terms, shear joints are not joints (no displacement) but they are microfaults. You should closely observe for displacement and if you find sliken sides then it’s confirmed shear joints.
      Where as conjugate joints (seen in folds) are are two sets of joints crossing each other along the fold axis and the line formed due to intersection of two joints is always perpendicular to fold axis and parallel to axial plane .

      Hope it helps.

  2. Pallavi tripathy says:

    How are arrest lines in rhythmic fan like plume structure of joints.Is therre is any relationship with orientation of s and c type plume structure.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *